Monday, November 21, 2011

"ALONG U.S. 101" 6" X 6" Pastel

This new painting looks similar in composition to my last post, but it is in a different area. We were whizzing along U.S. 101 northbound near Monterey when I snapped this photo at 65 mph. No, I wasn't the driver. What caught my attention was the shape of the trees on the rise and the colors of the coastal iceplant that covers the dunes near Fort Ord. This iceplant is intriguing as it goes through it's color changes throughout the year. Reds, oranges, golds, greens, grays and browns make beautiful patterns across the sand. Who said freeways couldn't have beauty?

If you have an interest in purchasing this painting please visit my Daily Paintworks Gallery for details.                                                                               

6 comments:

  1. Super, Carol....I've not heard of the ice plant before.
    Carol B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing, Carol. Ice plant is a succulent, and it just thrives on the central coast of California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that this looked very "Monterey"! I do like these and am glad you weren't the photographer:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Libby! I just knew you'd recognize where this scenery was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol, I just found your blog and have enjoyed seeing your work. Your pastels are really beautiful. I'll be back to see more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, thank you for the kind words and for visiting! I just visited YOUR blog and am just amazed at what you create - you work beautifully in many areas, and I look forward to following you as well. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger