Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"HIGH RISE" 7" X 13" Pastel

                                                                     
This painting was my entry for the week in the DailyPaintworks Challenge. The "challenge" concept was to paint by laying down, one at a time, one stroke with one color. For each stroke a new color is mixed and laid down. The effect will be similar to a mosaic as edges are not to be fussed with by blending, etc. The emphasis is on making each stroke count and not overworking a piece. I think the challenge was primarily for those who paint in oils, but I found the same goal holds for pastel painters as well. One stroke - one color - let the "divisions" show. Interesting effects.                                                                

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I came over from DPW and am enjoying your blog very much. I'm a watercolor painter, but think I could adapt this challenge too--your result makes me want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    Thank you so much for your kind and generous comments here and on DPW as well. It was nice of you to take the time to do that. I think the artistic effects of the challenge done in watercolor would be stunning! Your watercolors are brilliant. I love your use of the white paper as an integral part of the painting. you are very gifted.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger