Thursday, December 2, 2010

"BLUE ON BLUE" Oil 6" X 6"



The painting of a human face is an exploration for me. A likeness is the least important goal in my mind as I don't do "portraits," but personalities.  The end result may look little like the original idea with which I began. Decisions regarding expressions and positioning really do often evolve as I paint. It's like telling a story. Do you remember the old series of books called "Choose Your Own Adventure?" You'd begin reading an exciting story, and at a certain point the author would offer you three choices. Depending upon which one you chose the story could go in many directions. I love that concept, and that's how I frequently do figures or faces. Not every time, but sometimes. It may sound too unplanned and frivolous, but I enjoy the unpredictible nature of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger