Friday, February 11, 2011

"A LINE IN THE SAND" 5" X 7" Pastel on Pastelbord

Margaret Dyer is an artist I admire greatly. The beauty she portrays in the human figure is breathtaking. And, I love the scenes in which she places her figures - people doing ordinary, everyday things such as eating at a restaurant, taking dancing lessons, shopping in an open air market, hugging a grandchild, bathing...it's always something that causes that instant reaction inside of us to something familiar and pleasant. Margaret likes to work a lot of her pastel pieces on a Pastelbord surface. I wanted to try that for myself, and I loved it! It accepts a lot of pastel and is easy to clean if the need arises. The little girl above is done on Pastelbord.                                                                  

6 comments:

  1. This one is so sweet! And the way she is sitting looks so natural and relaxed, just like you would expect from a child:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Libby. She's deep in thought, don't you think? Awwww, a day at the beach.....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a nice piece. Also, thanks so much for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lou. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet and lovely , you captured so well the sand running through her fingers, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice comment, Jane. Very nice of you to take the time. I am loving YOUR blog, and look forward to going back and reading more and seeing your great artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger